Spatial has contributed to societal development in various ways impacting the educational, social and , physical environments
Our chief contributions are:
- Donations to the ODPEM in post-Hurricane Dean efforts. Equipment and human resources valuing in excess of JM$850,000.
- Pioneering sponsor for the National BEST Communities Competition. Donation of the prize money and plaque for the Best Kept Educational Facility in Manchester and St Elizabeth
- Contribution of GPS equipment to SDC in support of the National BEST Community Competition.
- Professional and human resource development by sponsoring awards to the University of Technology for Best 3rd Year GIS Student, annually.
- Ongoing Summer Intern employment programme for secondary, post secondary and tertiary students in administrative, accounting, environmental and surveying fields.
- 12 year Endowment to Kingston College Chapel Choir for the Annual Christmas Carol Programme held at the University Chapel, Mona
- Commissioning of the first Caribbean Conference on Knowledge Economy and Competitiveness in April 2011 hosted at the Mona, UWI (www.knowledgesocietyfoundation.com). Over 100 attendees from public sector, private sector and academia
- 2010-2011 President of the Jamaica Computer Society, Silburn has led a team that has turned around and transformed the organisation into a vibrant national representative of the ICT community
- 2011 Chairman of the Education Committee of the Land Surveyors Association of Jamaica, Silburn has revolutionized the delivery of Continuing Professional Development seminars to that community